Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Where are you going in 2011?

2011 has started with a bang. Do you have any resolutions?


 I have been practicing yoga on and off for a couple years, as we begin a New Year I can’t help but to reflect on what I have learned on the mat.

 I have been practicing hot yoga at Sanguine Yoga. Yoga is an ancient practice that allows the mind and body to focus as one. The practice takes place in a 40.6°C room with a humidity of 40%. This allows your muscles to stretch.

When I first stared I never put much thought in to what the instructor was saying during the practice but the more I go the more I understand. Part of yoga is to hold poses for a number of breaths which sounds easy but your mind starts playing tricks on you, you want to stop because some part of your body is screaming in pain. The instructor will remind you that your body is fine it’s your mind that wants to give up.

A light bulb went off in my head if I can make it through yoga when it’s challenging my mind and body to the max, I can make it through anything life throws at me. This will be my motivation starting 2011, I can conquer whatever my mind wants to achieve. What are your motivations in the New Year?


Elysse Bulloch

No comments: