Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Understanding the Dishwasher

 How do you choose good appliances that will suit your families needs for a few years? I began to ask myself this question last month.  I have gone through two dishwashers in six years. Not sure if it’s because the Mr and I do not rinse the dishes or if you get what you pay for?

 The first dishwasher came with my place it was low grade and I knew that I would need to replace it, sure enough within in my first year I was out shopping for a new one. I went to a few stores and choose a Kenmore. Not sure if the guy in the commercial from WKRP in Cincinnati that made me think this dishwasher would last for at least five years. 

 My Kenmore was a middle grade model it had the disposal option in it, to grind up all the bits of stuff that gets left behind after washing. I was told the life would be any where from 5 to 10 years. Three years in the main motor was toast the repair man told me that the part would cost as much as a new dishwasher.

 Here we are today shopping for a new dishwasher. This time I am going to get this right. Here what you need to consider before you start your search.

 What capacity suits your families need? Dishwasher came in a standard size of 24” with two tub sizes to choose from standard or tall .The tall tub interior is 3 inches bigger than the standard tub which allows you to load odd shaped items on both racks.

   What sorts of feature are important to suit your family’s needs? When considering the features you need to think about your lifestyle, if you like to entertain a lot, you many want to consider having an express cycle. It can clean lightly soiled dishes or glass ware in 30 minutes. If you have small children, high tempture may be a requirement for santization.

 You may want to think about the noise reduction feature. These dishwashers have better insulation which helps keep the water hotter inside the machine and reduces noise. This option is a two  for one because of the insulation you are saving money on energy and keeping the noise down. Most dishwasher com with a  decibel rating so you can tell how loud or quite they are.

 A feature we are considering is called clean sensors most energy star model have this feature. It has sensors which can determined the amount of energy required to clean a load. The sensors also adjusting the length of time and amount of water need per load.

 Possible if I would have done my research the firsth time we replaced the dishewasher we would not need a new one already. I hope you find this helpful in your search for a new dishwasher.
 Elysse Bulloch

No comments: