Monday, July 5, 2010

Working Weekends




I have been spending my weekends touring open houses in Calgary. On my tour I started to compile a list of things you should not do at your open house. Here it goes the top of the list of What not to do at your open House.

#1) Remove all family photos. Guys I cant stress this enough, its for your safety strangers are going through your home do you really want them to know what you and your kids look like?

#2) Opening all closet doors. I seen this way to much all the closet doors are open but the closet is in disarray. What are potential buyers looking at your messy closet. Organized storage space is in the top three things potential buyers are looking for.

#3) Clean the fridge out. Yes potential buyers will look in your fridge. Buy a new box of baking soda to neutralize the food order in the fridge.

#4) Fresh flowers, its allergy season and the last thing you want is a potential buyer having a pollen attack at your open house.Silk plants have come along way and with no up keep needed its a cheaper alternative to the real thing.

#5)Air fresheners, really its nice enough to open the windows and let the fresh air in. Its better to have no small at all. Some people are sensitive to fragrance and it just may sway them not to make an offer.

I hope you find this insightful after visiting several open houses the past couple weeks I thought I should share what not to do . After all one of these tip just might sell your property at your open house.


Elysse Bulloch

No comments: